About Department of Information Science and Engineering
The department was started in the year 2000 and offers B.E. Degree program with an annual intake of 40 students. From 2018 annual intake enhanced to 60 and from 2021 annual intake enhanced to 120. The department has experienced faculty who regularly attend Workshops and Training Programme to keep themselves updated with emerging technologies. It has Computer Centres which provide necessary facilities required as part of the programme. Internet and Wi-Fi facility is available in the department. The In-house department Library has more than 1369 volumes.
The department organizes technical lectures and personality development programmes regularly as part of the ISE Association (ISEA). Students regularly participate in technical and cultural competitions both in-house and at other colleges and secure prizes. The students of the department have a good placement record with reputed organizations and alumni of the department pursue their higher studies with in the country as well as abroad.
The department publishes bi-annual News Letter "ISEAN" to which students and faculty contribute technical and non-technical articles. The newsletter also has a crossword section oriented towards improving the technical competency of students. The department continues to strive for the disciplined and all-round development of the students.
- The department will be a premier centre focusing on knowledge dissemination and generation to address the emerging needs of information technology in diverse fields.
- To make students competent to contribute towards the development of IT field
- Promote learning and practice of latest tools and technologies among students and prepare them for diverse career options
- Collaborate with industry and institutes of higher learning for Research and Development, innovations and continuing education
- Developing capacity of teachers in terms of their teaching and research abilities
- Develop software applications to solve engineering and societal problems