About Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (E&EE), earlier known as Electrical Power Engineering, is one of the first three branches of Engineering started at MCE in the year 1960. At present, there are 3 Ph.Ds specialized in various fields of Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Nine more are at a different stage in the process of pursuing the Ph.D. program. About 200 research papers have been published by the E&EE faculty till date in various international journals and conferences. Apart from the B.E. Degree Course in E&E Engg., the department also offers an M.Tech. Degree Course in Power and Energy Systems. The department is recognized as a research center by the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi and there are 11 research scholars with external registration working for their degrees at this research center. These scholars are being guided by the Professors of the department for Ph.D. and M.Sc. (Engg.) Degree, both Part-time and Full-time. Till now, four M.Sc. (Engg.) and four Ph.D. Degrees are awarded by VTU under E&E Engineering Research Centre.
The department has a large number of highly qualified and experienced faculty members. The department has received so far the total amount of about Rs. 1.80 Crores from various Government funding agencies. The department has excellent laboratory and well-equipped computer center facilities which are useful to the students, research scholars as well as for industrial consultancy work.
To become a department of excellence in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
producing competent engineers with research acumen having moral and social values.
- Enhance industry and alumni interaction.
- Promote continuous quality up gradation of faculty and technical staff.
- Time to time modernization of departmental infrastructure to provide state of the art laboratories.
- Create research-oriented culture to invoke the desire and ability of lifelong learning among the students for pursuing successful career.
- Create and sustain environment of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration of social and ethical values.